The FracMan Technology Group provides public and private workshops that combine lectures, practical exercises,
and software training. Each workshop is customized to meet the needs of those attending the workshop. Typical workshop participants
include geologists and engineers in the oil, gas, civil, mining, and environmental fields.
Upcoming FracMan public workshops:
April 22-24, 2013: Brisbane Australia (3 days)
Our next FracMan training Public Workshop will be held from Monday April 22 through Wednesday April 24, at Golder Associates’ Brisbane office in Australia. The three-day course will cover all aspects of fractured rock and reservoir data analysis, modeling, and simulation. Participants will receive a 30-day license for FracMan version 7.4, the world’s leading software package for discrete fracture network modeling.
Workshop topics will include:
- An introduction to the Discrete Fracture Network (DFN) approach: Modeling discontinuous rock masses.
- Analyzing Fracture Data: Deriving DFN input parameters, including fracture geometrical controls (orientation, size, and intensity), hydraulic test interpretation, in-situ stress analysis, and correlation between fracture properties and reservoir geology.
- Practical applications of DFN theory to fractured reservoirs: including resource evaluation, static model generation, EUR/OOIP calculation, well targeting, and upscaling to conventional flow simulators such as ECLIPSE®, VIP®, FEFLOW®, and MODFLOW.
- Hydraulic fracture simulation: Golder’s unique HydroFrac module allows for the simulation of multiple-stage hydraulic fracture treatments, including the simulation of microseismic response, re-activation of critically-stressed natural fractures, and the initiation and propagation of hydraulic fractures.
- Geomechanics Applications: Critical stress analysis, reservoir subsidence, kinematic stability of tunnels and slopes, grouting performance assessment, and geomechanical upscaling to produce strength tensors for use in discrete element simulators (3DEC™, Phase2™, ELFEN).
- Dynamic Modeling: Well-test analysis, flow and transport simulation in DFN models, and hybrid DFN-EPM simulation approaches.
The workshop cost is AUD $2500 per attendee, which includes workshop materials, software, lunch, and coffee breaks;
participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodations. Additional information regarding hotel and ground
transportation will be provided to confirmed workshop attendees.
For more detailed information about FracMan, please visit http://www.fracman.com/. If you would
like more information about the workshop, or would like to reserve your seat, please contact the workshop organizers: